June 24, 2013 | by Peter Schrappen
After 18 months of commendable service as Program Manager for the Clean Boating Foundation, Ben Lee is moving on to a position at Landau Associates. CBF will miss Ben’s expertise and style. While these are big shoes to fill, we are interested in hearing from candidates that meet the profile we’ve framed out:
Program Manager, Clean Boating Foundation
June 19, 2013
Clean Boating Foundation is seeking a dynamic program manager to help implement the Certified Clean Boatyard Program. The Program Manager is a key member of the CBF team and is expected to execute the organization’s strategic plan, especially as it relates to certifying boatyards as clean.
Clean Boating Foundation began in May 2011 and is a growing organization that provides a real niche in Puget Sound’s recovery. We engage boating businesses and boaters with voluntary outreach efforts that showcase practices that will improve water quality. Working with boatyards in particular, this role works on the program that assists boatyards in using voluntary, market-based solutions to help them meet the benchmarks within the Boatyard Permit. We award our seal to those boatyards that are taking the extra-steps to protect Puget Sound.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Oversee the implementation of Clean Boating Foundation’s Certified Clean Boatyard Program
- Collaborate with Executive Director and board
- Collaborate on communications, messaging and media
- Build relationships with stakeholders, including environmental groups, businesses, Department of Ecology, funders and community groups
- Ensure the success of the Certified Clean Boatyard Program
- Assist with the Northwest Boatyard and Marina Conference
Skills and Experience:
- Experience and leadership developing and implementing successful programs and/or campaigns
- Successful sales approach to work-style
- Familiarity with key groups and businesses in the area
- In-depth knowledge and insights regarding Washington state’s lay of the land from a political and business perspective
- Demonstrated ability with strategic planning, communications and the ability to dive right into projects
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekend work and travel throughout Puget Sound
- Strong writing skills
- Experience working with an environmental organization within Washington state
- Understanding of recreational boating, especially within Washington state
- Success in fundraising and securing grants
Salary and Benefits:
Clean Boating Foundation provides competitive hourly-rate compensation. This would be a part-time position. 7-10 hours per week (on average).
Please send a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to email@example.com indicating “Program Manager” in the subject line. This position will remain open until filled.
No phone calls, please.
This job description generally describes the principal functions and job requirements of the position, as well as the general level of knowledge and skills typically required. This Job Description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
- Congrats Gig Harbor!!
- An Interview with Michelle Gaither of the PPRC.
- Congratulations Seaview Boatyard!
- Congratulations Port of Edmonds!
- An Interview with Our Neighbors to the North.
- Chinook Salmon and Heavy Metal Pollution
- The Clean Boating Foundation Checklist is DONE!!!
- Drive-in Boat Wash
- Hello Everyone!!
- Taking a Closer Look at Copper as Phase Out Nears
- September 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- January 2018
- November 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- July 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012